Connor Padraig and Norah Maeve

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year...

Time really does fly and it especially flies once you become a parent. This is really the time in life where you want things to SLOW DOWN and yet it all seems to go faster. Our little Norah just seems to be getting bigger and bigger every day. I swear this morning that she had so much more hair than when I put her to bed the night before! I can't believe what a little person she is becoming and how much independence she already craves. Pretty soon, it will seem as if she doesn't need me for anything..and gets annoyed that I'm even trying to help her! Good thing our little son will be coming in a few months (another time flying realization) and we will be starting it all over again!!! :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. We spent a great week in New Jersey with Kevin's family and were able to have a few "Mommy and Daddy Dates" thanks to the help of Grandma and Grandpa Lowery. That is really so important to have and something that will probably be even fewer and farther in between once the baby comes. We had a very relaxing New Year's Eve back at home where we opened our Christmas presents and spent some time cleaning up the house and playing with all of Norah's new toys.

I just can't believe that we had a baby in 2010 and now we will be welcoming a new baby in 2012! Although this was a little sooner than planned, we couldn't be more excited to have a family of 4 soon and to be having a little boy to experience all kinds of new things with! Of course, I have high hopes for my self for the new year as well as my family. Basic things.. better health, better organization, better financial planning, etc. But I really just want to try to take on the challenges of having a newborn and a toddler and all of the emotional turmoil that comes right after you give birth! I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore (no offense little guy, it just seems like it's all I've been doing these days) and I'm ready to have more energy back and less hormones!!! If anything a new year gives us all hope for change and a fresh start at our life. A way to make up for things we didn't quite previously get right the first time around. Parenting has a lot of those moments and I guess just being an adult does that to you too! I hope everyone stays strong to your "resolutions" and has a great 2012!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment