I took a morning nap with Norah today and had the worst dream!! I went out to get some ice cream in the next town over and ran into some friends from high school (that were strangely visiting my town). I went walking downtown with them and visiting and all of a sudden I thought, "Where is Norah???". I made some excuse that I had to go pick up Norah from a lady that was babysitting her, and started to run towards my car. It felt like I was many blocks away and it was one of those dream runs where you are actually slowing down with each step rather than getting faster. I thought she's either in the car still or at home taking a nap...why couldn't I remember where I last put her??? As I was running to my car I imagined the police surrounding my car waiting for me to get back. I finally approached the car and there were a bunch of old ladies standing around watching Norah as she wailed in the back seat. I flew into the car and then woke up. Thank God I was in my own bed, in my own home, baby monitor next to me, realizing that we were all just taking a nap. What a scary dream!!! Has anyone else ever had a dream like this? I feel like a total failure for even dreaming it! Plus, I was getting ice cream in my dream which is something that I'm not supposed to eat because Norah has a cow's milk allergy. Does that make me even more of a failure???????? Well I guess it doesn't matter because we are all home safe and I will NEVER make a mistake like that in the "conscious world". Phew....
Yummm....I do miss you ice cream!

Rachel...I had to kinda giggle reading this! I have had those dreams and actually the other night I fell asleep on the couch and Timothy on the floor...when I woke up he was gone. TOTALLY FREAKED...but he had just made himself to his room and was snuggled in his bed!!!!!
ReplyDelete