Norah is 6 months old! Seriously, how did we get here so fast? If we are at 6 months already, then she will be a year old in no time...and then two...and then 15, and then she'll be in college! Tear....Sob...Heaving... :(
Anyways, I just can't believe it and we have loved every minute. Even those first three months that she screamed and screamed and screamed because she was so uncomfortable with colic and reflux. Once we figured out that she has a milk allergy and she got over the "fourth trimester" she is really such a happy, smiley, wonderful baby. I feel so blessed that I get to spend most of each day with her and each day I thank God that life turned out so perfectly.
Just a few days shy of her 6 month birthday, we started solids! It's been such a fun milestone to watch her face as she tries new tastes and foods. She is such a good eater! Peas were something she did not like at first but after a few days, she dove into those too! So far we've had rice cereal, sweet potatoes (her favorite), peas, and carrots. I think next will be green beans. Once we get the hang of different kinds of solids, I'm going to attempt to make my own baby food. I have a beautiful food processor from Williams and Sonoma that I got as a baby shower gift as well as a cookbook. Get a carrot, add water, put it in the food processor..think I can handle that! It's all very exciting!!
It's also been very weird to bust out the toys that were 6+ and the pacifiers and putting Norah in 9 month clothes...it's just flying by us and I feel like I'm trying to stand still while it passes me by!
There's lots to look forward to in the next few months and we are really working on hanging around on our tummy so we might possibly think about crawling someday in the near future! Right now I'm still enjoying having a baby that I can leave in one place and know that I won't find her on the other side of the room!
So although your Mommy and Daddy wish you could just stay a baby forever, Happy 6 months Norah and we look forward to watching you grow...and grow...and grow.... :)






awwwwwwww she is so cute.....she looks just like you!!!! they really do grow fast.....it's sad when they start growing up but it's so fun watching them grow and start doing new things. before you know it she will be walking and talking!!! p.s thanks for sharing your story with me on my blog...it's nice to hear from others who went thru the same thing.
ReplyDelete