Holy smokes, I'm 30 weeks pregnant! I know I said in my last post that time flies but when you count weeks throughout pregnancy, they really just go so fast. I can't believe in less than 2 months, we will be a family of 4, and I could not be more excited as well as ready to not be pregnant anymore!!
I had a check up with my midwife today and as she greeted me she said, "So you are at the point that you absolutely hate being pregnant and wish your due date was tomorrow, right???" Could not have said it better myself! She continued to say that the second time around seems to always be rougher and when you are 30 weeks, you feel as if you are 40 weeks with the same aches and pains and overall "done" feeling. This pregnancy has been so completely different and as everything was almost roses with Norah, this time I'm really just feeling so negative and so "over it".
I'm also having a very tough time with my energy and motivation levels. Nap times are usually my time to run around the house and get all kinds of chores accomplished in a quick amount of time. When nap time occurs now, I either nap as well or just find it really hard to do anything but sit down for a bit. Now everyone that I speak to recommends me doing this, even if I don't bring it up, but it's very hard to not feel guilty about it when I'm a stay at home Mom and feel that my job is to take care of my child AND my house! I also have animals that drive me absolutely insane and make things more complicated. During today's nap, I actually did a little organization and cleaning before I sat down here, but as I'm trying to do these things the dog is begging to go outside, the kitties are begging for treats, and then I'm cleaning up cat puke!! Annoying!!!!
I know I'm venting today which is usually not what I want this blog to be about but I always feel that putting out the frustrations of being a Mom can only help another Mom who is equally feeling as guilty as I am to be feeling this way. AND I can not wait to meet my new little boy, I'm just done with the gestational part!!! :)
I will end on a positive here and show you some pictures of Miss Norah visiting her new friend Baby Declan! She has been able to visit him a few times now and sort of get a preview of what's to come. Thank you Kelly and Tim!!! This last visit she decided to jump in his bassinet while I was holding him and then got wrapped up and coddled by her Auntie Courtney!
I really love the look on Norah's face here! I think it describes perfectly how she is feeling about Baby #2!! Uh oh!!!! ;)



Great post Rachel...you are so right..it helps to hear others are going things and other moms and dads appreciate honesty...you are almost there....rest up my friend...you are gonna need it!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Rachel! We did not know!!! So happy for you growing family!!!!! Love your blog. Many blessings and good energy! Love you all!
ReplyDelete